Zebrafish technology is the right-hand man of developmental biologists, a rising star in medical research, a sentinel in environmental monitoring, and a new favorite in drug research and development. Zebrafish have become the third largest vertebrate model organism after mouse and rat, and have been widely used in many fields such as developmental biology, genetics, basic medicine, pharmacology, toxicology, drug research and development, and ecological environment evaluation. Creative Biolabs provides a one-stop service platform for zebrafish gene knockout/knock-in and provides customers best solutions for rapid construction in the zebrafish research field.
The Novel Breeding of Favorable Genes
- The zebrafish gene editing technology has been widely used in gene knockout, gene knock-in, transgene customization, epigenetic modification, etc., providing new research for genome research, cancer treatment, and overcoming genetic diseases.
- Discovery of novel candidate genes in heterotopic syndrome patients with congenital heart defects using rare copy number variation analysis.
- Identification of susceptibility loci for nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft lip.
- Familial atrial cardiomyopathy carrying a 2B rod domain LMNA missense variant (p.R335W) in a large multi-generational pedigree of heart-hand syndrome.
- A novel lmna mutation causes premature atrial disease in a patient.
- Novel mutations in COL1A1 cause osteogenesis imperfecta confirmed using a zebrafish model.
- Gene: Zebrafish has tissues, organs, and systems similar to humans, genes and signaling pathways are highly conserved with humans, and the similarity rate is about >85%; physiology, development, and metabolism are highly similar to mammals; what's more fish are the first class to possess an acquired immune system.
- Drug screening: Zebrafish is currently the only vertebrate suitable for high-throughput drug screening.
- Species advantage: Small size (currently the only vertebrate suitable for high-throughput drug screening on microwell plates), short developmental cycle (organs can be formed within 24 hours), and short experimental cycle (screening results can be obtained within a week), in vitro fertilization, a high number of single eggs (150 to 200) and the dosage of experimental drugs is small (1/100-1/1000 of the dosage for mice).
- Low feeding cost: small footprint (50,000 adult fish can be raised in a space of 200 square meters), and less drug consumption (μg level), which is only 1/100 to 1/1000 of the mouse experiment.
- The embryo develops rapidly: It only takes 24 hours to develop from a fertilized egg to a complete embryo. 3-5 days after fertilization, each fish can swim freely and look for food, and the internal organs of the body are mainly similar to the human body which has been built.
- The body of zebrafish is transparent: The body of zebrafish is transparent in the first 7 days of development, and the internal organs can be directly observed. The effect of drugs on internal organs can be directly observed.